Tuesday 21 June 2011

Tuesday

Today I ran 6.2 miles at lunch in the gym in 47 and half minutes. I really struggled but finished and was dripping with sweat, I came out of the shower and was still sweating and looked like a tomato. My p.b for 10k is 38 mins even though training for a 100 miler isn't about how quick you can run a 10k, it's more about how long you can keep running for without stopping I have a long way to go to get fitness back. I like working to get it back, it's a bit of a challenge and when you do get it back it feels good. I ran 3.1 miles to the train station after work as well, just took it easy and this felt pretty comfortable. I still have a gentle cough so need to be careful and I am still finishing my antibiotics. So I am currently sitting on 14.1 miles for the week. James flies off tomorrow morning at 11.25 for the Western States 100, probably the most famous 100 mile race. I am hoping to wake up on Sunday morning to see on my Facebook that he has finished the race is up for Vermont. He said he will let me know on Tuesday so all I can do is keep running and await his decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment