Thursday 3 February 2011

This week

I hadn't run up until Saturday for a while so wanted to put in a run everyday up until Thursday and take Friday off pre 50 miler.

Sunday - 8 miles
Monday - Interval - approx 4 miles
Tuesday - 5 miles at lunch, 3 miles after work
Wednesday - 4.5 miles at lunch
Thursday - 6.2 miles

So I have run everyday and feel pretty good, injuries are there but only slightly, hopefully tomorrow's rest will help the legs recover for Sat. Today I knocked out 10k in the gym in 41 mins which was probably a bit stupid 2 days prior to 50 miler but there you go, I wanted to push myself. I think in a 10k race I definitely have 39 mins in me, so will have try that sometime this year. I am looking forward to Saturday, I just hope I don't get lost, it's going to be a great test, 50 miles on my own. Great training for 100, I won't run over 50 pre 100 so this will be my biggest training run. The run starts in Oxford and runs along the Thames Path and finishes in Henley on Thames, I am hoping for a good days weather and a good run!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment