Sunday 27 February 2011

This week

This week started off with intervals Monday, 6 miles Tuesday and 6 miles Wednesday. I didn't get an opportunity to run Thursday or Friday as was out with work and was very boozy. Today I ran the Cambridge Boundary run which is a marathon as a training run for 100 miler as I find it hard to run more than 20 miles on my own so if you enter a race then it makes you run the fall marathon distance. I woke up at 7.30 today and headed down to Cambridge which is a bout an hour and 15 minute drive from me. Turned up at David Lloyd in Cambridge at 9.30, I collected my number and sat in my car until 9.55 as was cold and race started at 10. I didn't feel very good this morning after this weeks boozing but todays run was just a training run. Kicked off at 10.05ish running around the streets of Cambridge then into fields, after 5 miles I was dripping and thinking today is going to be a long day. Most of this race is off road which isn't good when it's been raining as the ground is soft which makes it harder to run on but there you go. I got to the half way point in around 1.38 then kicked on through fields, footpaths and a bit of road running but not enough. I felt pretty weak at mile 20 but managed to push on to finish in 3.35-36ish by my watch.When I crossed the finish line I saw one of my clients James there which I was shocked to see someone I knew as you don't see many people at these small races but he was supporting his flat mate who crossed the line literally 30 seconds after me. He did very well considering it was his first marathon and in tough conditions. Writing this I feel pretty exhausted, I normally feel okay after a marathon but I think the boozy week and pushing my body in the other direction running wise has taken it out of me. 100 miler is 5 weeks yesterday so it's getting pretty close now. I need to get some big mileage weeks in and long weekend runs over the next couple of weeks. I just hope injuries don't stop me doing that. Looking at 100 mile training plan I am probably running a bit behind on the mileage but there you go, there's not much you can do when injuries and other things get in the way.I will still be on that plane 4 weeks on Thursday to give it my best shot. Game on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todays Garmin report - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/70450412

No comments:

Post a Comment