Sunday 2 January 2011

Getting back into it...

After the Amsterdam marathon I was on a massive high and training died down a bit...I kept running when I could, I had Luton marathon in the diary on 6th December. In the build up to that I went out on quite a few runs but unfortunately this was called off due to snow, very disappointing as wanted to get a cheeky marathon in pre Christmas. I was running 2-3 times a week in December as December in the media industry is very boozy, your out 3 nights a week and out with friends as well, with all this going on training goes out the window but still tried to get the odd run in when I could. I started running again properly this week, I had this week off work so it was a good opportunity to get some proper runs back in... specially with Country to Capital 45 in under 2 weeks. So this week consisted of Tues - 16.2 miles, Weds - 13.7 miles, Thurs10.2 miles and Sunday 14.35 miles. I hope to run 10 miles tomorrow as well to put in a 66 mile week- I do have some massive blisters on my heels though as put some orthotics in my trainers which have been rubbing against my heels. This week has been tough, specially putting 3 biggish runs in 3 days in a row and I haven't run over 40 miles a week for at least 10 weeks so good to get back into it.I am now going to run a lot over the next week and half in the build up to Country to Capital 45, but wont be running anything over 10 miles. My main focus this year is the Umstead 100 miler which is on 2nd April - just under 13 weeks away......99 days to be exact...I have the Thames Trot on 5th Feb which starts in Oxford and finishes in Henley, Cambridge Marathon 27th Feb, Brentwood Half mid March and any long runs I can get in. I am nervous about the 100 miler as when you think about it, it's a massive distance to cover in one go without stopping, well stopping for food and drink...Elson reckons I can do it in 24 hours...also you need to think no sleep and on your own for 24 hours, my brain is going to be going f8cking crazy but lets bring this big boy shit on, life is all about testing yourself, Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment