Sunday 9 January 2011

83 days to go....

With 83 days to go until Umstead 100, my mind is really focused now...2nd week back running looked like this http://www.attackpoint.org/log.jsp/user_8677. 44 miles in the last 6 days, not a bad effort with tomorrow still to run. I am getting used to running everyday now and running with tired legs, runs are taking a lot longer, for example yesterday 9 miles took me an 1 hour and 17 mins and that was along the seafront which is flat, wind against on the way back, it was a tough run but good to finish. Today I ran 8.95 miles on an off road course, really muddy and slippery around Benfleet and then up Essex way which is 3 quarters of a mile uphill, that took me an hour and 17 mins, admittidely I was a bit hungover as had a few beers last night for my brothers birthday. To put 9 miles into perspective, it normally takes me 1 hour and 5 mins to run 9 miles so running everyday takes it's toll but it's good to get the body running through pain. Hopefully as the weeks go on, training will get easier. This week I am going to do a few small runs in the gym Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, then I will take 2 days off as have Country to Capital 45 miler on Saturday which I am looking forward to, ran this race last year with my mate Elson and running this year as well with him, it's the first big run of the year, not sure I am in good shape but we will see. I must say writing this at the end of this week I am glad to be back into running, todays run was really fresh, sunny, bit of wind and good to sweat out a few beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment