Sunday 23 January 2011

Follow your body, Not your mind...

Today I woke up, wanting to run something in the region of 13-16 miles. I woke up and had some really sharp pains in the back of my right leg, even walking to the kitchen it was really stiff. I was thinking I could probably run on this as would warm up after a couple of miles. After 5 minutes of procrastination, I was like, rest and see how it feels in the morning and if bad I will go to the physio tomorrow night. I have done the right thing here as would have only made it worse and with Thames trot 50 in under 2 weeks I need to be in okay shape, not trying to run 50 miles with pain killers on a bad leg. So even though pretty p8ssed off today, it shows that I am learning to rest and not push it when my body is in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment