Sunday 20 March 2011

This week

This week has been pretty low key with a few runs

Monday - interval training at lunch, 8.13 miles in eve
Tuesday - 3.1 miles
Wednesday - 8.2 miles
Friday - 6.2
Sunday - 13.1

Total - 38.7 miles

Today I ran the Brentwood half marathon with my friend Tom. I managed a p.b in 1.28.49, was sick 5 times on the finish line. Probably not the best thing do 13 days before a 100 mile race but I think I will be okay. I managed to come 73rd out of 3000, I am not really bothered about positions as running is all about your own goals but not a bad finish http://www.brentwoodhalf.org/Results/half_results.php.

Garmin report - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/74160361

Tom ran a p.b himself with 1.41 which was a great effort considering he just wanted to come in under 2 hours. A friend from work Holly also ran her first half marathon, having only ran 8 miles before, she ran it in 2.12 so another great effort. I would recommend this half to anyone, great course and very well organised. Anyway only 13 days to go now, so need to jog out a few miles this week and get myself sorted. Peace Out

A little snap of me and Tom at the end

No comments:

Post a Comment