Friday 29 April 2011

Getting back into it...

Since I got back from America, I took one week off running. 2nd week I ran a little, 3rd week I ran a little bit more. I have been a bit like Charlie Sheen over the last few weeks, going out with friends a lot and had work dos, I have got myself into some right pickles.I have never been a good drinker, I think after running 100 miles the booze hits me even more now. I also pulled my left hamstring tendon so have had 2 trips to the physio to sort that out. I feel it's okay now, I can feel it slightly but I think I will be okay.

The last weeks running has looked a bit like this

Saturday - 6.4 miles
Sunday - 8.64 miles
Monday - 5.41 miles
Tuesday - 6.2 miles
Wednesday - 6.2 miles
Thursday - 4.37 miles (Interval training)
Friday - 6.9 miles

Total - 44.12 miles

I have the Three forts marathon on Sunday which is in Worthing and is 3400ft climbs, my friend James won it last year with a time of 3.13.24, he won the race by 22 mins which is a massive effort. First marathon back for me, I am looking forward to getting out there again. With regards to breaking 3 hours at Essex next Sunday, I am not sure that will happen due to injuries, haven't been doing enough interval training and I am running Three forts this Sunday but you never know, I may fluke it somehow or feel amazing on the day. I am still waiting to get into Vermont 100 in July, I am in touch with Julie the race director and at the moment they are at just over 345 and she said she will let me in when they get to 335 so I am hopeful. I have entered Caesars Camp 100 in Aldershot in October so I am hoping to do 3 x 100s this year but who knows what can happen. I have recently started taking Udos Choice Beyond Greens which was recommend by another friend James Keenan who was recommended it by Tony Robbins the American Life coach. You mix the supplement with water and take it 2-3 times a day, it give you lots of minerals, vitamins and is suppose to give you 8 greens a day. Apparently it's good for endurance athletes with recovery and joints,etc so I am hoping that will help me- I am all about living a healthy lifestyle now, the old booze up is fine but should more be moderation - easier said than done. I have also started taking Hammer Perpetuem mix in my water while running - this was recommended to me by a guy called Tony who I was running with at Umstead as it's easy to digest than gels so I will see how that goes. Anyway, that's about it for now, happy running!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment