Sunday 14 March 2010

Lydd Half Marathon - Sun 14th March 2010

Running the Lydd Half Marathon today with one of my good friends Ash Milson.Ash picked me up at 7.30 and we set off to Lydd in Kent, I was feeling a bit tired and not too good on the way, I think this was down to the night out I had on Fri ... a lot of alcohol consumed and got in at 3.30, it was my mate Dan's 25th though so has to be done.Anyway my goals today were to be around the 1.30 mark for a half, my previous best 1.34 last summer in the heat at Southend Half. We arrived at around 9.15 so had 45 mins to spare, drank a Lucozade had a little warm up then we were on the start line at 9.55...the race started late as they had to wait for the ambulance to be in position... the siren went off at around 10.05 and we were off into the country lanes of Lydd...I ran the first mile in 6 mins so was on my way...the first 6 miles were into wind which wasn't good, the run was along country roads through farm land, I turned 6 miles in 41.30 so I knew I was close to 1.30....luckily the last 6.5 miles were on a loop so we were coming back down wind...the sun had come out by then so was a pleasant run....counting down the miles my timing was pretty good.....ended up finishing at 1.30.20 on my watch...results to be posted tomorrow..but should be around there...happy with that a week after a marathon and feeling good about Jurassic in under 2 weeks now. Ash finished in around 1.47 which is good as was after 1.45 but he was also out on Friday... I drove back as Ash wasn't feeling so good...Mcdonalds on the way home and then spent the rest of the day at my Mum's...another half under my belt...really aiming to break 3.15 in a marathon this year with that time for a half I am on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment