Sunday 7 March 2010

Cambridge Boundary Run (Marathon)

I am writing this at home with some stiff legs.... I ran the Cambridge Boundary Marathon today, was a lovely days weather, sunny all day, so perfect running weather...When I arrived at David Lloyd at Cambridge I registered for the marathon and was given a t-shirt and map which I thought was worrying, I asked why the map and this is just a precaution as they don't have the manpower to Marshall the course. I aimed to break 3.30 today which would be a p.b...began the race and ran the first mile in 6.40 which is way too fast, the run was off road...... running around Cambridge and through country lanes. I turned in 1.37 which I was happy with so was on for breaking 3.30, ran the second half slower on the off road terrain and ended up finishing in 3.34.36 with a wrong turning. I was pleased with that performance as most of the course was off road so breaking 3.30 was a big ask... a very well organised marathon and a great days weather. I ran today against my Physio's advise as have a swollen ankle but I needed to get a marathon in pre Jurassic......hopefully after a few days rest the ankle should be okay, I am doing the Lydd Half marathon next Sunday with my friend Ash were I aim to break 1.30....I still got the endorphins while listening to the radio on the way home today...I am up for my next road marathon were I am sure I can break 3.30......

No comments:

Post a Comment